RM2mil to help ease Klang’s traffic woes

Traffic in the city, traffic cam, stretch under construction, road closure, usual jam area and jam hours, highway under construction, obstruction, floods, landslide and etc

RM2mil to help ease Klang’s traffic woes

Postby admin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:34 am

THE Works Ministry has approved RM2.2mil to reroute traffic to ease the current daily massive congestion in Klang.

The traffic chaos is caused by the on-going construction work of a flyover to connect Jambatan Kota with the existing flyover above Persiaraan Sultan Ibrahim,

Works Minister Datuk Shaziman Abu Mansor, who visited the construction site, said the allocation would be given to the state Public Works Department (PWD) to carry out the rerouting exercise, widen and resurface roads leading to the town area.

“Over the last few months, I had received numerous complaints that the on-going construction of the 600m flyover had worsened the traffic situation, with the daily traffic flow reduced to a bumper-to-bumper crawl during peak hours. I agree that an immediate solution is to reroute the traffic and ease the difficulties faced by Klang residents,” he said.

Shaziman said the approved grant would be used to widen the temporary road bends to facilitate a two-lane route and to reroute traffic on the federal road at Jalan Sireh, Jalan Meru and Jalan Kapar and the state road at Jalan Batu 3, and Jalan Raja Boat to ease the congestion to a bearable situation.

“With these temporary measures to be implemented with immediate effect, we hope that Klang residents would be patient as the contractor SPAZ Sdn Bhd has assured the ministry that it would try its best to complete the project by December this year,” he said.

On the proposed third bridge for Klang, Shaziman said the federal government was making efforts to come up with a cost effective and practical design.

“We want to review the design and I believe the proposed site from Tepi Sungai to Tanjung Syawal would remain. Once the design is finalised, the third bridge would be built under the 10th Malaysian Plan,” he said.

Last month, Selangor Local Government, Studies and Research Committee chairman Ronnie Liu threatened to hold a picket if the federal government failed to act on Klang’s third bridge.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?f ... ec=central
admin
Informer

Return to Congestion, Traffic Jams & Road Closure