Road congestion: Upgrade highway early to cope with heavy tr

Complaints & suggestion on anything from A to Z... traffic, highway, toll, summons, parking, police, patrol & etc etc

Road congestion: Upgrade highway early to cope with heavy tr

Postby admin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:05 am

AS a frequent traveller on the Sg Buloh/Batu Tiga-Puncak Alam highway, I cannot help but notice the traffic congestion along the whole length (about 30km) of it, especially during the rush hours in the morning and after office, in the evening.
This highway is used by those from Meru, Puncak Alam, the Sungai Buloh/ Kuala Selangor areas, and the many housing estates along it to get to the Guthrie Corridor Highway, the Sungai Buloh-Batu Tiga/Shah Alam road, the New Klang Valley Expressway, the Federal Highway and the North-South Expressway.

It is obvious that the highway - a dual carriageway with bad surfacing, uneven sidetables, faulty cambering, two lanes narrowing into single ones, and improperly constructed junctions at various points - is fully stretched to its maximum carrying capacity.

The problems will be aggravated by the completion of several housing projects and a university campus project along the highway.

So as not to get caught unprepared, the authority should plan and implement the upgrading of the highway now.

I predict that if the problems are not addressed urgently, nasty road accidents would be inevitable in the near future.

By : ABDUL AZIZ SAAD, Shah Alam

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/ ... 40/Article
admin
Informer

Return to Complaints & Suggestion