Rude shock for tour leader

Info on summon payment, check summon, check JPP & PDRM Blacklists and links to paying your summon and tickets, compound and fine etc.

Rude shock for tour leader

Postby admin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:00 am

KUALA LUMPUR: Tour leader Chew Pui Ling has been slapped with three traffic summonses for speeding along a certain road that she claimed she has never travelled on.

Chew, 26, from Seri Kembangan, said she first received a summons through the post on Sept 29 that alleged she was speeding at the 63.5km mark of the Ipoh-Kuala Lumpur trunk road on Sept 12.

The printout of the photograph she got from the police showed that the car caught on camera was similar to her Proton Wira and with the same registration number WHQ 9336.

When she went to the Seri Kembangan police station to clarify the matter, she was shocked to learn that there were two other summonses issued against her.

Each of the two other summonses stated that she had been speeding at the km63.5 of the same road, once on Sept 21 and another time on Oct 3.

“I suspected something amiss since I had never driven along that particular stretch or lent my car to anybody,” she said.

Chew then decided to get the photographs of the alleged offences from the Kuala Kubu Baru traffic police station, as the stretch comes under its jurisdiction.

“I was shocked to find that the “ghost car” in the photographs was of the same model as mine and had the same registration number,” she told reporters at a press conference called by MCA public services and complaints department head Datuk Michael Chong here yesterday.

Worried that the culprit could use her registration number to commit other crimes, she then lodged a report at the Seri Kembangan traffic police station.

She has also sent a letter and photographs of the alleged offences to the Hulu Selangor district traffic police.

Chong said his department would help her file her defence, as she had to appear in court for one of the summonses.

“I will meet the traffic chief to help her sort out the other two summonses,'' he added.

Chong said his department had received 19 reports of such cases between 2004 and last year and another five so far this year.

“The police believe that these cars were either stolen or its owners running away after defaulting in their monthly loan repayments,” he said.

Chong said the police urged the public not to pay any summonses for offences that they had not committed.

Source from:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Check & Pay Traffic Summons - Semak dan Bayar Saman Jalan Raya