BATU GAJAH: A 3-year-old boy was taken on a three-hour terror ride from Taman Sepakat in Menglembu to Kampung Muhibbah, here some 10km away on Sunday night.
Yim Mun Chun's mother, Wong Soon Loy, 32, had left him in her Perodua Myvi with the engine running as she went to open the house gate after they had returned from shopping at 9.45pm.
Two men on a motorcycle suddenly came up and the pillion rider hopped off and got into the car.
Wong tried to get back into the car to stop the man through the passenger door but the man had locked the door sped off.
She then lodged a report at the Batu Gajah police station.
Batu Gajah district police chief Assistant Commissioner Najib Mohamad said police called Wong's handphone, which was left in the car.
"A man answered the call and said that there was a boy in the car.
"He brazenly told us that he did not need the child and we told him to leave the boy at a safe place," said Najib.
He said the man then drove to Kampung Muhibbah and approached a villager with the intention of leaving Yim there.
When the villager refused, the man just left the boy there and drove off, he said.
Najib said the villager brought the boy to the police station and lodged a report at 12.30am.
"Wong rushed there to fetch the boy who was unharmed.
"However, the car with her belongings and RM200 have yet to be found," he said.
This is the second such incident in the state in less than two weeks where children in a car with the engine running had been driven off by criminals.
On July 27, two sisters were driven away when three men hijacked their parents' car in Kuala Kangsar.
Read the full article:http://www.nst.com.my/articles/13qd/Article/