Three final-year students die in highway car crash

Issues on road bully, freak accidents, boom gates blocking the road, driving skill, road safety campaign, seat belt and etc...

Three final-year students die in highway car crash

Postby admin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:18 am

PORT DICKSON: Three final-year students of the Port Dickson Polytechnic near here died when their car was involved in an accident along 27th kilometre stretch of the Seremban-Port Dickson Highway on Wednesday night.

The three, who were four months away from graduating with a diploma in electrical engineering, were killed on the spot when their Proton Iswara went out of control and crashed into an embankment in the 8.30pm incident.

The dead were Mohd Hairul Annuar Abd Hamid, 23, Mohd Khairul Zaman Mat Yunus, 22 (both from Johor Baru) and Mohd Hazzir Mohamad, 22, from Malacca. All of them had serious head injuries.

The driver of the car, Kamal Nivash Feroz, 22, from Terengganu was rushed to the district hospital here but was moved to the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital in Seremban due to the seriousness of his injuries.

He was rushed to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital later at night after his condition deteriorated.

Port Dickson OCPD Supt Mazlan Othman said the four were heading back to their polytechnic when the incident happened.

“I was told that the four went to Seremban earlier in the day to get some computer parts and to get tickets to return home for Hari Raya,” he said, adding that the four were good friends and lived in the same house.

When met at the mortuary, Mohd Hairul’s father Abd Hamid Mohd Isa, 55, said his son had called him on Sunday.

“He asked me for an additional RM60 for the bus ticket home for Hari Raya. I never knew that would be my last conversation with him,” said Abd Hamid.

Polytechnic director Mohd Kharir Mohd Ibrahim said all four were bright students.

“We are saddened by the deaths (of the students). It is a great loss to the polytechnic,” he said.

Friends met at the mortuary said the four were inseparable.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Road Safety, Road Bullies, Boom Gates & Accidents