Traffic cops to make house calls

Fine reduction and discount, announcement by traffic police on discount for traffic saman, announcement on warrant of arrest for traffic offender, deadline for paying saman & etc etc

Traffic cops to make house calls

Postby admin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:21 am

SHAH ALAM: Beginning today, Selangor traffic police in all nine districts will track down traffic offenders who have warrants of arrest issued against them at their homes or offices.

The offenders will then be taken to the nearest police station where a mode of payment would be proposed in order for summonses to be settled.

There are 38,597 motorists who were issued warrants of arrest under Ops Warta I this year.

Selangor public order and traffic police chief Supt Che Hussin Omar said of the number, more than 15,000 were driving around without valid road tax, insurance and licence.

He added that the motorists were unable to renew their documents because they had been blacklisted by the Road Transport Department (JPJ) pending settlement of their traffic summonses.

Supt Hussin added that the objective of Ops Warta I was to create an environment of responsibility and to put the brakes on irresponsible motorists.

He added from January to August this year, traffic police issued 423,280 summonses for various offences.

From the total summonses issued over the eight months, 173,568 settled their dues and 279,712 had yet to pay up.

He said sufficient time had been given to offenders to settle their summonses under the Road Trans­port Act 1987 (Police 257), where they had the option to appear in court if they wanted to challenge the summonses, but they had failed to do so.

Supt Hussin urged motorists to check their car registration number against the traffic offenders’ list.

Read the full article:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation
admin
Informer

Return to Fine on traffic offenders & Traffic Summon Discount & Summon Deadline