Trial traffic system jammed up Setapak

Traffic in the city, traffic cam, stretch under construction, road closure, usual jam area and jam hours, highway under construction, obstruction, floods, landslide and etc

Trial traffic system jammed up Setapak

Postby admin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:13 am

WITH reference to your article published in Star-Metro on March 19 headlined “City Hall working on reducing congestion,” I want to share what transpired during the “trial period” which certainly was an unpleasant experience.

I commute every morning to work in Petaling Jaya from my house in Jalan Genting Klang, Kuala Lumpur.

I normally start my journey at 7.15am and it will take 30 to 40 minutes to reach my office using the Pekeliling flyover-Federal Highway route.

Traffic police will be stationed there to control the traffic and they always do a great job.

I started my journey as usual on that fateful day and after 30 minutes I had barely moved 2km and was still stuck in a massive traffic jam all the way from Wangsa Maju to the Pekeli-ling flyover.

As a result, traffic came to a standstill in the surrounding areas around Setapak, Titiwangsa, Taman Bunga Raya, Sri Rampai and Wangsa Maju.

The situation was totally out of control and many people reached their offices and schools late.

City Hall's attempt to reduce congestion in front of the Pekeliling Flats resulted in traffic from Jalan Pahang and the Pahang roundabout to come to a standstill, thus holding back traffic around Setapak.

City Hall may have reduced the traffic congestion in front of the Pekeliling Flats but in the process residents of Setapak had to suf-fer.

Hospital Kuala Lumpur was also badly affected by the traffic diversion. Such a move may result in the hospital not being able to respond swiftly to calls for emergency assistance.

Setapak residents should not be affected in City Hall's traffic control “trials”.

They may have solved traffic congestion on a stretch of road in front of the Pekeliling Flats but the move resulted in a traffic nightmare for Setapak folks.

Chong Kok Kei
Kuala Lumpur

Article from:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... ec=central
admin
Informer

Return to Congestion, Traffic Jams & Road Closure