Upgrading work leads to traffic chaos

Parking ticket & compound by Municipal Council, JPJ, PDRM, DBKL, MPPJ, MPSJ, other Majlis Perbandaran and dewan bandaraya in Malaysia... where to pay, how to pay, the amount to pay etc. Car park, Parking tout, parking hazard, parking contractor and everything about parking.

Upgrading work leads to traffic chaos

Postby admin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:39 am

Work to upgrade the pavement near Taman Suntex market in Cheras, has left traders and customers unhappy with traffic congestion and parking problems.

The Kajang Municipal Council’s (MPKj) upgrading work which started a month ago has caused market goers to park by the roadside, thus blocking traffic.

According to Suntex Market Traders Association secretary Sharif Abdul Ghani, 61, the parking problems has affected business.

He said before the upgrading work, customers could park by the road without disrupting traffic flow.

“I have been doing business here since 1983 and this time the loss in business is very bad.

“As it is we have to compete with supermarkets and hypermarkets in the area, so this is a big blow to us.

“People who come to market sometimes get into a fight because of parking problems while some get their cars scratched,” he said, adding they have sought the help of Rela members to control traffic.

He also said they had forwarded their complaints to MPKj to address the parking problem.

Trader Ng Yee Teng, 43, said they did not face any parking problem before the upgrade.

“Business is down at least 50% because people cannot park and shop.

“We now have Rela members to help us out because there have been fights among the people over parking,” he said.

Dusun Tua assemblyman Ismail Sani, who visited the market, said the parking problem had affected business.

“I have contacted the Drainage and Irrigation Department to use their reserve land for parking.”

Read the full article:
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScen ... e/9996/0/0
admin
Informer

Return to Parking Ticket & Anything Related to Carpark and Parking