Women m-cyclists fear for their safety

The all time nuisance on the road... And the most dangerous creature on the road, the snatch thief...

Women m-cyclists fear for their safety

Postby admin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 am

KUANTAN: Women motorcyclists now fear riding at Jalan Kuantan- Sungai Lembing.

An increase in police operations against snatch thefts in town areas had caused thieves to prey on women riders at the road.

A recent attack on a young mother on Thursday had not deterred snatch thieves, with at least three more attacks within 48 hours after the incident.

In the incident, Wan Noresah Mat Isa, 24, was seriously injured when she was hit with a helmet by a snatch thief who had earlier rammed into her motorcycle in Jalan Kampung Paya Pinang here.

Fifteen hours later, another woman in Taman Impian became a victim while another two fell victim to snatch thieves on Saturday. However, none of them were injured.

One of the victims, Sarina Abdul Basid, was riding with her son when a man on a motorcycle approached her.

"I slowed down my motorcycle when he shouted at me, then he grabbed my purse and tried to hit me. I was lucky when my brother, who was driving in the area, saw the incident and gave chase."

Read the full article:
http://www.nst.com.my/articles/24phg/Article/
admin
Informer

Return to Mat Rempit & Snatch Thief